„With Zapsi, we have up-to-date and accurate production data automatically generated into our systems. We can continuously evaluate them and make production more efficient.“
- Likov is the most important manufacturer and seller of building profiles and accessories for construction in the Czech Republic, also one of the leaders on the European market
- The main activity of the company is the production of building profiles for plasterboard constructions, plasters and thermal protection of buildings ETICS
Reason for installing the Zapsi System:
The main reason was the introduction of accurate monitoring of production data. The existing "paper" form of production order records was filled in by operators who could manually edit the data, thus distorting the standards against which these operators are evaluated. The second reason was the possibility of streamlining production based on real time accuratre data.
Benefits of the Zapsi System:
- Unadulterated data is entered automatically and online directly from the Zapsi System (nothing is created manually)
- All operations and technical data from the Zapsi System can be seen in the process records. For each operation it is also possible to see who performed the operation and when.
- Workers get an overview of a specific production order
- Workers and management can trace back what happened on a specific shift
- Increase efficiency by working with data
- Automatically send reports with up-to-date data
- In the future, we plan to equip the halls with LCD screens that will inform operators about the status of production and compliance with standards in real time
Which units of the Zapsi System are used by the company:
- Zapsi Unit for collecting data from production machines, supplemented by external devices in the form of encoders needed to record the meters produce
- Zapsi Touch for entering user data
- The Zapsi system used to work with data collected from machines, from users, from the company's central systemspolečnosti
- Running user logic on Zapsi Touch terminals, created according to customer requirements
- Integration of Zapsi Systems and Likov's enterprise information system - Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Superior software modifications according to customer requirements
- HW and SW installation at the customer's location
How was the contract implemented:
After a previous bad experience with the selection of a different system vendor LIKOV turned to zapsi for help Due to the necessity to connect the Zapsi System with the ERP, we had to coordinate the activities between three companies. Due to special requirements, we had to solve some processes operatively, but thanks to the synergy of Zapsi s.r.o. and NAVISYS s.r.o. we were able to bring everything to a successful conclusion.
From a technological perspective, the creation of two-way communication between Zapsi and Business Central was a must. In the first phase, the publication of data from Business Central in the agreed structure was created, followed by a web service that receives data from ZAPSI. The most capacity was needed to deal with specific situations that may arise in unexpected situations.